Thursday, February 07, 2008

untitled



the depth of the eyes that can cover me,
the ash lining that makes me live on her...

t
he wisps of black, cascading, flowing
the strangest desires that i would keep inside and never mean to show to her...

the glimpse of the eyes, the subtlety of the lip endowed with fragility...

the smile concealed in the non-emotive phases, the one that i fail to notice...

the ones that i fail to notice but always leave their signature on me...


the thoughts of touching it, feeling it shunned away...
it’s the nature of the leeches to drain the beauty of life...

it’s in the nature of the leech in me to not plunder it,
i wonder if i can ever touch it...
i wonder if i can ever kiss it
,
i wonder if i can ever hold it, without any fear of letting go of it...


and i put a spell on me; it can’t diminish when i open my eyes...

someone will pull me out of this delusion and open my eyes...

something will take the spell off me and i know why…


i wonder if i could ever run my fingers through the wisps...
i wonder if i could ever hold the countenance and regard it with no guilt...

i wander and wonder if i let it be for my good...

i wander and wonder if i let it be for its own good now that its fragility will subside
and be forever returned to stone...


No comments: