Tuesday, February 05, 2008

voices


i want you to remember...
the tiny moist drops
stagnant on the leaves…
i want you to notice
the ficklest of the movements
endeavored by the rotting maggots,
breaching their limbs to cater.

i want you to surrender...
when the cold wind comes in
and chills you hapless to that effect.

i want you to embrace…
the silence of the chaos,
the noise of the deafness that
lulls over my olfactory.

i want you to remember
how I made you shiver
to the core that you dared
to venture…

i want you to ascertain,
if you liked what I put you through,
hushed voices on the cot, ignoring
the sounds in the backdrop…

and I want you to surrender…
to the maggots dipping in the drops,
when the cold wind chills and breaks
you down. The shivers that
had you ascertain the shunning
of the burden...

i want you to forget…
how I manifested the tempest,
changed the entire set to
let you light the candles,
watching dusk turn to dead…
but I don’t want you to forget,
that you and I were fucked up.
revised 2007

5 comments:

rachellespring said...

ha...wow!... The intricately abstract combination of words left me speechless! You're a genius...may I marry your brain?

principled along.. said...

ahem ahem...
only brain??lol
thank you.you are being too kind to my infantile works.
as a matter of fact,you may marry me and not my brain.then we can weird kids as well.beautiful like you and demented like me.lol.
much love

Surkhi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Surkhi said...

hm....ammm...eehhhh...i have a sudden urge to laugh and cry and hit you...this one is brilliant!

blood on the ground.. said...

yes, i do seem to have such an influence/effect on people from all kinds of race, creed, sex, religion, breed,pedigree and profession :D