Sunday, September 22, 2013

pain & gain

We all start out equal, little blobs of blood and muscle.
It's a setup of awesome potential. Most people never develop that potential.
I knew early on I was not most people. Because if you're willing to do the work, you can have anything. That's what makes the US of A great. When it started, America was just a handful of scrawny colonies. Now, it's the most buff, pumped-up country on the planet. That's pretty rad.

Most people say they want to look better. Not everyone is willing to do whatever it takes to achieve it. All of my heroes are self-made. Rocky, Scarface, all the guys from The Godfather. They all started out with nothing and built their way to perfection. The way to prove yourself is to better yourself. That's the American dream.


I have no sympathy for people who squander their gifts. It's sickening. It's worse than sickening. It's unpatriotic.



This all began because it was time to push myself harder. To maximize results. And I was tired of clients petting me. Shit, otherwise I was looking at another 40 years of wearing sweatpants to work. You set high goals for yourself and nail every one. But the hardest thing about changing yourself is changing how other people see you. Being a personal trainer is just that. Personal. I'm not going to lie. When a client doesn't feel the same way, it hurts. It really fucking hurts.

from the movie, pain & gain



human kind can not gain anything without first giving something in return. in order to obtain, something of equal value must be lost. that is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.

No comments: